Wednesday, June 18, 2014

June Guest Designer CASE Study #196 + The Cutting Edge Challenge

I'm back for another week as the June Guest Designer at the CASE Study Challenge. Doesn't this card from our muse, Pamela Ho, just make you smile!




As much as I love the design of Pamela's card, I was having trouble coming up with my own twist. It wasn't until I put this challenge aside and started working on a "congratulations on your new home" card that the lightbulb went off. 




I only used white cardstock to create my little scene, coloring everything with Distress Inks, and adding a PTI sentiment.

A couple of layers of glue dots adhere the balloon strings and give the house great lift, making it look like it really is floating.




Want to hear a funny story? I know I've shared before that we painted our Kirkland house purple after I couldn't decide between 1000 shades of beige. Our real estate agent was adamant about repainting it beige before listing, so we did. Well, the new owners painted it gray within two days of taking possession and I've always wondered if it would have like the purple.




I am entering this card in a brand new challenge that is all about die cutting! The Cutting Edge Challenge is brought to us by Jackie Rockwell and you can check out the details here. As part of the launch party, they are running a Guest Designer Search Contest,  although time is quickly running out to play along.




The challenge was to pick one of the designer's cards from the graphic above as inspiration. The balloon card caught my attention immediately, although I think my card also takes a bit from the window scene card too.

I can't wait to see how you are inspired by Pamela's card for Case Study #196!

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


12 comments:

  1. Really ADORABLE card Jacquie! Love that dimension!!! Thanks so much for submitting your card into the Cutting Edge Guest Designer Contest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card !
    Nice story about the house !

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely! Really like the colors you've used. Thanks for joining us at The Cutting Edge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A purple house? Very unique:)!! Your card is super sweet and colorful...love it, Jacquie:)!! Thanks for entering the contest at The Cutting Edge:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow your card is incredible love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the scene you created! It made me smile thinking of the Up movie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet card. Love your take on the inspiration card. The colors look awesome... and great scene!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love how you did this card.....it just makes me smile!! Just adore the colors and the overall card.... Thank you so much for joining us at The Cutting Edge Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fantastic!!! I love the colours and all those gorgeous tiny houses. And the string sets it all perfectly. Good luck with The Cutting Edge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is such a cute new home card. And, I love that you colored everything with Distress inks. It really gives the colors a softer tone.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a cute and great card! Love it!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the way you've colored all the elements on the card, Jacquie. So cute and it reminds me of the movie "Up".

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!