Saturday, May 17, 2014

CASE Study #191 + Simon Says Stamp

With a few failed attemps at my grafitti style card yesterday, I ended up with three white "hello" die cuts sitting on my desk. Having already checked out Wida Miller's new inspiration card for CASE Study #191, I knew just how to use them.


One of the coolest things about Wida's card is the color/white-on-white divide! I couldn't get mine to work side-by-side with the width of the word, so finally settled on an upper/lower divide.




The center rectangle panel is scored and folded in on each side and the center three letters are adhered to it. The outer edges of the die cut and the folded back edges of the "vase" are adhered to the card base, allowing the vase to bow out a bit.

With a life time supply of patterned papers, I try to avoid looking at 6X6 pads when I am shopping, but the sweet colors & patterns on this Lawn Fawn pad were irresistable and came home with me last week.




A few different leaf & flower dies are layered on white stems before adding the trio of butterflies.

As this card is all die cuts, it is being added to the Die Crazy challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog.

My Junior is heading to her first Prom tonight, so we are off and running with the hair, make-up, mani/pedi prep. Thankfully our marine layer arrived overnight, giving us cooler temperatures & higher humidity, helping the firefighters gain control of the wildfires and, for most of us, life is returning to normal.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

12 comments:

  1. This is an inspired take on the original! Love the riot of flowers bursting out from the top! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I think your take on her card is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacquie, this is fabulous! Such a great CASE of Wida's card. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jacquie..I absolutely love your card. Can you please email me the name of the company who makes this awesome flower die?
    Amberashaw@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I emailed you Amber :) For anyone else wondering, I combined Penny Black's Bashful, Memory Box Prim Poppy and Poppy Stamps Massa Leaf to make the bouquet.

      Delete
  5. Great update news about the wildfires. Fabulous card love the flowers and cleverly made vase.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card great take on Wida's card. Thanks for joining us over at CASE study.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love this design! Stunning colors, details, and dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful card, Jacquie, full of color and lots of happy! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you've taken Wida's card and made it uniquely your own! Such a great design. I really, really like this one!! Have a great week! : ) Bev

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a bright and happy card. I love how you used all those different die cuts.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!