Sunday, May 11, 2014

CASE Study #190 + Gallery Idol 2014

I hope everyone has had a great Mother's Day! My kids made me breakfast and dinner. They offered to make lunch too, but after the scrambled eggs & pancetta I was pretty confident I could keep going until evening when, with dad's help, they prepared grilled prawns, sweet potatoes and a spinach salad.   I very happily divided my day between gardening and a late afternoon card making session.

This card was inspired by Wida Milller, the May Muse at the CASE Study Challenge. Here is the card we had to work with for Challenge #190.



As you can see, I loved the vertical lines and yellow & grey color palette in Wida's card. Wida's card also inspired me to pull out some We R Memory Keepers Washi Tape, which I used to create a shaker card.




The MFT Chalkboard Frame die-namics were perfect for framing the transparency/washi panel. A Memory Box die echoes the line of the leaves on the washi tape perfectly and a PTI thank you die finishes the card off.




Sequins & a little Wink of Stella on the die cuts add the finishing touches. The star confetti is definitely yellow, but has a bit of a holographic quality that reflects a pink tint.




I am also entering this card in the Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Gallery Idol 2014 where the Open Audition round theme is to create with decorative tape such as washi or fabric tape.

And just because it is Mother's Day, I can't resist another photo of my mom with the five of us kids. We moved to Victoria in 1966, but spent most of that summer in Britain, so 1967 was the year of our family Staycation when we hit all the tourist spots in Victoria. For many, many years I dreamed of living in the Fable Cottage. 




I'd hoped to take my kids there when they were younger, but discovered that it was long gone from Victoria. This blog post gives some of the history. Can you imagine building a house that generates so much curiosity that you feel compelled to turn it into a tourist attraction?

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

5 comments:

  1. Love your card!
    And the photo of your family is great !
    Love the old pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card and great use of the tape. Love the picture,reminds me of my family ...my mom had 4 girls then a boy and then some more:) . Beautiful family photo .
    Thank you so much for the powder tip you left me., Jacquie! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty card and such a cute photo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Jacquie!! Lovely leaf die!

    Great photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that cottage! and your shaker card is so different. I like how the shaker is broken up. it gives the card an edgy vibe

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!