Tuesday, April 29, 2014

RIC#58 + CTS#73 Take Two & CASE Study #188 + CASE Study Design Team Challenge.

I finally have a few minutes to write a blog post and share a couple of cards - life has been a bit hectic lately!

This first card is for the combined Runway Inspired Challenge #58 and CAS(E) this Sketch! #73. This was the first card I started, but I hit a roadblock on the flowers so made the card I linked a few days ago and then came back to this one.




I was inspired by the artistic style of Joni Andaya - creator of this sketch and Design Team member for both of these challenges - for this card. Joni was the CASE Study Muse for March 2014, but I've been an admirer of hers for a long time, especially when she uses watercolor techniques. 


 


This card is just one example of her gorgeous, free formed flowers and influenced the ones I made. I am linking my card to the CASE Study Design Team Call and Challenge. There is still time for you to make a card based on your papercrafting Muse and link to the Design Team Challenge,

Before watercoloring the flowers, the half circle panel was created by die cutting a black panel stamped with a Basic Grey/ Hero Arts background stamp. Once this was attached to the small white panel, I figured out where I wanted to paint the two smaller flowers.




The larger flower and leaves are painted on scraps of watercolor paper and fussy cut, while the smaller flowers are painted directly onto the white panel. This definitely pushed me out of my comfort zone and I made a few practise flowers before committing to one on the panel. The small scripty font on this Wplus9 sentiment stamp is perfect to finish off the card.




This second card is being linked to the current CASE Study Challenge #188 where it is the last week with Jaclyn Miller as the Muse.



The placement of the six tiny tags cut from a number of patterned paper scraps and banner sentiment come directly from the inspiration card. 




The striped background became an embossed woodgrain panel.




I'm adding to my stash of "thinking of you" cards after an old, dear friend was diagnosed with breast cancer last week. The only good thing about the timing is that instead of the usual 1600 miles that separate us, last weekend she was 100 miles away and we were able to spend a day together.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


10 comments:

  1. Jacquie...love your cards! The colors and your take on each of them is just perfect. How sweet that you were able to spend time with your friend too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are wonderful - and so different. It just shows your versatility.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacquie, your cards are beautiful! I especially love the first. Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your cards are fabulous Jacquie, but the one for Runway is totally cute - love how you reduced the size of the sketch for your take - such a creative way of looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards! I especially love the first one -- wonderful take on the inspiration photo and sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two beautiful cards with fabulous color/detail! Love your interpretation of the RIC/CTS challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the mini sketch on your card, and those gorgeous watercolor flowers! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!