Thursday, April 10, 2014

MIM#159: No Sew Quilted Cards + CTS#72 + CSC186

I managed to make it through the winter without getting sick once only to be hit with an out of the blue, I don't know anyone else that is sick, where did this come from head cold this week. The last couple of days I've survived on hot honey & lemon drinks and a few assorted sinus cold cures.

While definitely not 100%, I woke up breathing through my nose this morning and have my ability to concentrate on a task for more than a minute back.

I had watched the Make It Monday #159: No-Sew Quilted Cards earlier in the week and then saw the Case this Sketch #72 and Case Study Challenge #186 this morning and knew I had to make a card.





I think you can see, I took the CTS#72 literally for my card design and used the color scheme from CSC#186 to pick out the patterned papers for my quilted panel.



One inch squares of paper were adhered to a white panel and then embossed with a Lifestyle Crafts Embossing Folder to make the quilt.

The Wet Paint sentiment is stamped with Terracotta Tile ink.

Now that I can concentrate a bit, I'm supposed to be shopping for a new dishwasher. I don't know about you, but I hate spending money on appliances. Unfortunately, we've reached the point where 50% of what is "cleaned" needs to be handwashed before using, so the time has come for a replacement. 

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie



16 comments:

  1. I love how you combined the challenges and a fabulous card! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect take on all three challenges Jacquie! Love your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the texture on your "quilt", and a perfect take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Perfect for the challenges.- Irma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love all the texture on your card, Jacquie!! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card! I love the deep embossing on your card. The colors are great too. I must get my hands on the Wet Paint set.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love this card! The vibrant colors are so happy, and the embossing folder you used makes for such gorgeous "quilting".
    I know EXACTLY what you mean about the appliance thing. I've resisted replacing my dishwasher for a year now. I mean, it still turns on and squirts water, so it's still good, right? Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. fab card- hope you feel better soon. (I'm always getting colds- honestly I have no immunity!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet, sweet card! Gorgeous quilt too, so bright. Feel better too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning! Love the bold colors you used....

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry you are sick. I hope you feel better soon.

    You did this while you were under the weather!? Wow!! wow!! I love this card!! Your color combo is perfect and so is your embossing! ... did I say WOW!! : )

    Patti

    BLOG CANDY at my blog : ) All you need do to have a chance to win is post a comment on my latest post. I hope you will stop by to say hi.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card, Jacquie! I hope you are feeling better. I have been sick with a cold for the past five weeks, and Winter hasn't even begun here!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is great!
    Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, this is fabulous! And that sentiment stamped in red? Love! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all of that texture and you made both challenges work beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!