Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Case Study Design Team Call Challenge

I have one final card to enter in the CASE Study Design Team Call Challenge. There is still a little time to enter the challenge, but you will have to be quick!

The CASE Study Challenge is one of my favorites. Iwona Palamountain picks a papercrafting Muse for the month and every week we are given a new card (or gift bag, tag, etc.)  to CASE. Often the Muse is someone I "know" and admire, but I have also been introduced to "new to me" fabulous card makers through this blog and challenged to work outside of my comfort zone many times.

I greatly admire cardmakers who can stamp a panel to look like patterned paper. Kara Vrabel of K and R Designs is one of those designers and my Muse for this Design Team challenge entry. Here is one of her stunning cards, where stamps from a couple of different sets were used to make a beautiful design.




It is no surprise that Kara is now on the Wplus9 Design Team given the way she showcases their stamps. For my card, I paired a stamp from Wplus9's Dockside Backgrounds with a couple of stamps from Fresh Cut Florals to make a pattern.




I couldn't resist the bright pink card base given this is heading to a friend fighting breast cancer. A double layer or yellow seam binding ribbon and sentiment tag finish off this card.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

12 comments:

  1. Your card is lovely, Jacquie. I like the stamped panel and think you did a good job with the CASE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a wonderful job with the background, Jacquie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome! thanks! good luck:):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got my fingers crossed for you! And I love your card!! What a wonderful CASE!! I will admit I do love your pinks and yellows together. Great idea to 'connect' all the flowers with a background stamp. Fantastic card! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the background you created!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really beautifully stamped and great colours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you luck! This is one amazing and gorgeous card! I love your take on it too...just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just gorgeous. And, I never would have recognized that dockside stamp, even though it is sitting out on my desk right in front of me. When you pair it with the flowers, it has a whole new look. Good luck to you with CASE study. Hope you get it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, Jacquie ... the colours are fantastic ... bold and vibrant and downright happy-looking! Good luck with the DT call! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!