Tuesday, April 1, 2014

CASE Study #184

This is Joni Andaya's last week as the muse for the CASE Study challenge, and one of my favorite cards is posted for challenge #184.


The vellum leaves sewn on the card are amazing! 

For my card I masked space for the Avery Elle sentiment and stamped a trio of feathers. I cut a slit on each side of the sentiment and slipped a couple of vellum feathers through.


The panel was mounted on a light blue card base - because this card is being mailed, I wanted to keep it as flat as possible.


I finally finished off another project I've been working on since the kids & I spent a week in New York last summer. I had spied this Cavellini New York Transit Guide Wrapping Paper at Paper Source before our trip and thought about using it to make a mini-scrapbook. Then I toyed around with the idea of framing the wrapping paper and highlighting a few of our favorite stops.




When I found this Ikea frame with a nice large mat, I decided to surround the map with a few photos, using colors to represent activities on different days. I love the enamel dots identifying so many of the places we visited.




I am so happy to finally have this project finished and hope to get it on the family room wall this weekend.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

9 comments:

  1. Great job you did Jaquie!
    Looks good in this frame!
    Love your card to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful! I love the feathers - they are so detailed and elegant. Your map is super cool too. What a great way to remember fun times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, you just inspire me!! I love your card and the framed map with enamel dot highlights is just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous project - so much better than any album! I'm sure your whole family will treasure it and any visitors will envy you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your map turned out wonderfully. I really need to come over and see it in person! Your card is fabbie, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card- the slit was a cool idea. Your map project looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sympathy card is absolutely gorgeous, and I love your NY project. What an amazing keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving your card, Jacquie!! Such delicate feathers and I love the vellum ones you've added so cleverly!! Great!!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!