Saturday, March 1, 2014

Muse #56 + Seize the Birthday + Simon Says Stamp & CASE Study #180 + Color Throwdown #281

Happy March 1st everyone! I know February is short, but I was kind of startled to realize we are two months into the new year already (can I still refer to it as the "new" year?). March has come in like a lion and our weekend yard work plans are on hold which means I had to find something else to do this morning.

This first card is inspired by Lisa Haines, the Guest Muse for Muse #56, and the Seize the Birthday Anything Goes challenge.








Even though purple has always been a favorite color, I struggle to paper craft with it. A trio of flowers replaces Lisa's hearts and a Memory Box border die lets the purple cardstock peek through the bottom of the card. The white panel is only adhered above the die cut giving a little movement to the card.

I am also linking this card to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Anything Goes with Pearls.

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog



This next card combines CASE Study #180 with Color Throwdown #281. This is the last week with Danielle Flanders as the muse and I took elements from both her cards to design mine.







I've been playing around with my Viva Modeling Creams - I love the pearly finish of this champagne color and stenciled it over Scattered Straw Distress Ink. 




Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

16 comments:

  1. Love this crisp clean take on this week's Muse! Thanks for joining us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...what a card! I love this frame and so so happy that I have one too. This is just amazing Jacquie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Jacquie, both of your cars are fabulous...love the top one with the memory box die, love the three flowers with the pearl in the middle! Thank you for linking it up to Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two incredible cards. Isn't it fabulous to craft warm and dry inside when it is raining buckets outside? I love them both, but am particularly smitten with the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are gorgeous Jacquie - I love both the designs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the birthday card! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab cards- stenciling is so hot now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely LOVE this sweet and adorable card and have now added to my card inspiraiton board over on Pinterest! I also want to thank you for your take on my MUSE card and to additionally thank you for playing this week.

    Sure looks like you've had a great time creating and I see that we both share a love of many of the same products and challenges!!

    Happy Crafting,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both your cards are beautiful, Jacquie!!
    Greetings from South Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both are wonderful!! Love the shiny modeling cream!! Thxs for joining us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your CTD card is so eye-catching with the pop of orange in the tilted frame! Love the sheen of your modeling cream! So happy to have you joining us at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both cards are wonderful. I dare you to come and play at Craft Hoarders this week. I would love to see your take on the challenge! One of our guest DT has a style similar to yours and her clever project....well.....I would love to see what you can do. hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are both fabulous, Jacquie ... love the crisp white with the bold purple on the first ... and oh, my, that delicate pearly modelling cream with the strong shapes and colours on the second ... wow! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Boy, was the bad weather a good thing for your readers and those of us who/whom you inspire!! These are both beautiful, Jacquie!! I now have one more thing in my Wish Book: that MB border die is fabulous!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both cards are stunning!! Just gorgeous! Fab work!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous CAS cards! Love the colours and bold designs. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!