Saturday, January 18, 2014

Paper Smooches + FMS119 & CFC126 + Seize the Birthday & CASE Study #174 + CAS(E) this Sketch #60

I have three cards to share today. This first one was a quick & fun card for my daughter who passed her driver's test yesterday and is now off somewhere with my van.

I paired the Freshly Made Sketches sketch with the Paper Smooches Sparks inspiration photo.




I haven't made a card that is mostly patterned paper for a while and love the way this one turned out.




This next card is for the CASual Friday Challenge to Color Block and the Seize the Birthday Toppings challenge to color.





The sentiments were all stamped with Versamark on scraps of white cardstock, heat embossed and then inked with Distress Inks.





The center sentiment is popped up a bit and a few enamel dots add a bit of interest.





I think this is my favorite card today and combines the CAS(E) this Sketch #60 and CASE Study #174 challenges.



I cut four panels with my Nestabilities rectangle dies and stamped the Clearly Besotted feather onto each panel. By starting with the largest panel and stamping, heat embossing and inking it first, it was pretty easy to line up the stamped image of the next smaller panel.




The white panel behind the inked panels is embossed with a subtle texture.



Are you going to be watching football tomorrow? We're hoping for a Seahawks/Broncos Super Bowl with the Seahawks winning!

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

20 comments:

  1. You are so talented and very creative Jacquie! Love the city paper in the first design and the blocking in the second card. The stamped feather amazing! I am always inspired when I stop by your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations to your daughter- love the car matching the houses; those papers co-ordinate so well. Your distress inking looks fabulous - beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome car speeding through the city, and LOVE the dimensional look you got by layering all of those flower panels. Your color-blocked word art card turned out so well too! Smart idea to have them on scraps, I would imagine it's so much easier to line up that way. Thanks so much for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards! Congrats to your daughter. Love that little car - too cute! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been busy...I love them all. Your car card is my favorite...so fun and what a sweet card for your daughter! Congrats to her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What did you do today? I'd say you did a lot. Each card is fantastic in it's own unique way. The car one is so cute (congrats to your daughter BTW) and the color blocked one is such a different idea. The feather stamped on multiple layers is a technique I've been longing to try and you pulled it off beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely batch of cards here! I REALLY like the colour-blocked one--its now in my Pinterest file... I passed my driver's test in a VW Beetle, lo these many years ago--that card is so cute! And I had to start it on a hill (with manual transmission) so the angles on that card speak to me...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, Jacquie, I came over to see your crowd of cute snowmen for Muse and got so much more! Two posts ... so many fabulous cards! Love the colour blocking ... great colour combo and wonderfully bold! Brilliant use of the DP on the Beetle card ... that city paper is splendid! The feather is so beautiful ... soft and delicate and perfect for a sympathy card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You have AMAZING talent! I love all the cards, but especially love your FMS card! That is so cool with the card and the city scene. LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE that car with the city/houses paper- it's like it's driving through the city! FUN! THANKS for joining in the fun with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge- hope you play along this week (Anything Goes)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a beautiful set of cards..the car is fabulous and so fun for your daughter... love your sweet sympathy card... oh the feathers are calling me name! And lastly the wonderful birthday card... what a fabulous idea to us lots of sentiments, lots of color and still get the message across... and by changing out the colors it can be male or female!! Thanks for playing along with See the Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats to your daughter. Will you ever see her again? I'm considering myself lucky that my 16 year old is not yet interested in driving. Three fabulous cards--you're doing some great stuff lately with your inking.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning cards! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week! : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great cards! I really love the first one, the car caught my eye :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great cards! I especially love the last one -- fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love them ALL! The one for your daughter is wonderful! That is the perfect paper!! Your posts always inspire!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous design on that BD card. Love it! Great colours and CAS design. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  18. beautiful cards! love the inking on the second one! thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, you've made some gorgeous cards! The first card made me smile--so cute! I love the embossing and colors on the second card. The third card is so delicate and serene. Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!