Tuesday, January 7, 2014

CASE Study Challenge #172 + Paper Smooches

I love the inspiration photo for CASE Study Challenge #172 - no surprise since Cath from Moxie Fab World is the muse - but really struggled with how to translate this into a card.



After giving up on my efforts a couple of days ago when what I saw in my head was not coming together at my desk, I decided to give it one more try last night, but concentrating on the colors more than trying to replicate the floral images. Distress markers were paired with my stamps to create this whimsical bouquet.




A line of white embossed doilies on the red card base form a border peeking out along the side of the popped up main panel. The Paper Smooches sentiment finishes off the card and allows me to enter it in the Anything Goes challenge at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge blog.





I have a little Public Services Announcement for those living near or in San Diego County (or those who like to visit) - we have a new paper crafting store!!!! 

It was only after overhearing a couple of out-of-towners discuss it while on our crafty roadtrip last week  that we found out about The Making Place (330 West Felicita Ave, Escondido).  I feel obligated to spread the word because it really is a delightful store!

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

10 comments:

  1. Just a great card! Love the stamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you pulled off the feel of the floral cookies perfectly and I love that embossed border.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your card is as pretty as the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on the challenge Jacquie, love your delicate flowers and the border is stunning, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I spy a winner here. You really nailed this one, and your card is just beautiful. I need to check out that store. With all the sports my girls play, I get around the county a lot, and I will make sure to put this one on my 'to do' list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning! Really love it - the gorgeous colors of those flowers, the doilies, the bold red - all perfect! Thanks so much for playing with us at Paper Smooches Sparks this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those embossed doilies are fantastic as the border and loving the distressed markers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is simply gorgeous. The delicate feel of the lacey, and the watercolor like flowers go together so well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. BEAUTIFUL card-- love the deep red with the stamped flowers! THANKS so much for playing along with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge:) Hope you join in the fun again this week (Picture Perfect)!!! <3

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!