Tuesday, January 14, 2014

CASE Study #173

From the second I glimpsed the sneak peek of the January Muse at the CASE Study challenge blog I was excited. I recognized Donna Mikasa's card immediately - how clever is this design?!



I pulled out one of my oldest Hero Arts alphabet sets to stamp my cascade of letters in a bright rainbow of color.



The MFT Happy Die is paired with PTI's Headline Alphabet to create the sentiment (the tiny scraps of cardstock I hoard come in very handy for a project like this).




A Nestabilities die cut the rectangle in the Smoky Shadow panel that is popped up over the rainbow "birthday", giving just a little dimension to the card.




Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie



10 comments:

  1. This is wonderful, Jacquie. I can see the letters for "birthday" in the stamps and they look like they are trying to get to the "happy".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Jacquie, nice bright colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, GOOD ONE! I have not been able to think of how to capture Donna's amazingness, but make it different too, but you nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a winner to me! Absolutely fab stamping and design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that old alphabet set-- the curve of the letters contrast beautifully with the hard edge of the die cut words-- and they totally work in free-fall. Awesome pop of color, contrasts and design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those colors must all be in the same tone ... they look amazing together as part of the rainbow birthday. Nice mix of the die happy with the letter dies for birthday. You make them look like a set!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So colorful and FUN, Jacquie! I hope you use this design again because this is one happy card--love it! Thanks so much for playing along with CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the rainbow of letters - fab card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great colors!
    Love the words!
    Thank you !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, now this is a real winner. Love your interpretation--all those bright colors for the little letters and the Headline Alpha spelling Birthday. I think this may be one of my favorite cards of yours.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!