Sunday, December 15, 2013

CASE Study #170 + Curtain Call: Snowflakes + Simon Says

This afternoon my husband and I looked at each other and realized we didn't have anywhere we had to be, or anything we had to do! Woohoo! He headed to the gym with the kids and I headed to the office. I do have about 10 more cards to make, but they are being delivered locally and can be as bulky as I feel like making them.

Only this one was finished before losing the light to photograph this afternoon. My inspiration came from a few challenges: the CASE Study #170 (loving MFW and Cath are the muse this month), Curtain Call Inpsiration Challenge: Sweet Snowflakes and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog: Let it Snow.




Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog






A stencil & molding paste create a little snowfall on the aqua panel. The wood snowflake is a leftover from treat bags I made for some crafty friends last week. The top is painted white, smeared with Glossy Accents and then coated with extra coarse glitter.

I love that the edges of the snowflake are a darker brown and adhered the aqua panel to a dark brown card base.

You can see the snowflakes in there natural state here - the sheet music printed glassine bags were a happy find at Michaels!




I am happy to slow down and enjoy the season this week - a little baking, a little crafting and a little visiting are on the agenda for me. What about you?

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


6 comments:

  1. Oh, Jacquie, this is stunning ... I love all the texture ... falling snow, tuile, chunky glitter on the snowflake ... sooo delicious! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful and elegant
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so stunning!! Love all the sparkle! Thanks so much for joining us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Those snowflakes look great all glittered up and natural. I'm so glad you are able to slow down...I have a few more things that have to get done and then I plan to do the same thing. I hope you have a beautiful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous, jacquie! LOVE your projects and so glad you could play along at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful projects. Those snowflakes are just stunning.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!