Monday, November 11, 2013

CASE Study #165 & FMS111 + CFC119 + Simon Says

We had a busy weekend with Homecoming and guitar recitals added to the usual mix, but I still managed to add a couple more cards to the Christmas pile. 

This first one is inspired by Keisha Campbell's card for CASE Study #165.




I love the word banner on Keisha's card, so started with that for my card.



I used the double flag to finish the sentiment, but moved the placement to the bottom of the card.

I'm not sure where I first stumbled on the Freshly Made Sketches blog, but think I will be a regular here - the sketches are terrific! The current sketch can be found here and I am slipping my card in pretty close to the deadline.



I used the sketch to create another card using my tiny jingle bells.




The ornaments anchor the channels I created for the bells to dangle - only the center one on each side is held in place with a glue dot, allowing the others to move around.




The embossed dots and clean design make this card eligible for both the CAS-ual Friday Challenge #119 and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge to Keep it Clean & Simple.


CFC119: Use dry or heat embossing on your Clean And Simple project.
Deadline is Wednesday, Nov. 13th at noon eastern.


Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog


Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

10 comments:

  1. Wowza! Love both of these cards! Using the string is a fabulous detail! So glad you shared one at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun that your bells move! Great job with the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two great cards! Love the red one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both gorgeous cards! Love those bells - I'm sure that bells are on trend this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these cards are fantastic. I like the whimsical crookedness of the letters on the first card, and the crisp white and red of your second.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are both fabulous Christmas cards ~ fantastic take on the FMS. Love the jingle bells and perfect sentiment on the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you threaded your string through the sequins on your first card, Jacquie. And the embossed dots on your long jingle card are just perfect! How cool that you have actual jingle bells on it : ) So glad you lined it up to the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the dangly letters and the sequin eyelets on the first and the clean look and jingle bells on the second! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two awesome cards and love the strung words on one and bells on the other! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week :)

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!