Tuesday, October 29, 2013

CASE Study #163 + CAS(E) this Sketch! #51 & MIM #138 : Inlaid Die Cuts

I have a couple of cards to share today. This first one is based on the CAS(E) this Sketch! challenge #51 that you can check out here.



This sketch immediately made me think of my 18 year old niece who is heading to Finland in a few weeks to work as an au pair. This card is a very literal CASE, and I really hope gets to her before she leaves.



I paired the sketch with the Make it Monday #138 : Inlaid Die Cuts challenge. You can check out Betsy's video tutorial here. My inlaid die cut is super simple on this card, but I love the way the linen thread "pulling" the banner is tucked under the airplane. The stamps are from the PTI Destination stamp set.





This next card is for CASE Study # 51, where Elena Roussakis continues as the muse with this card for inspiration.



I struggled a bit with this challenge until I let go of the ballerina/dance idea. Once I focussed on the jar filled with flowers, the card came together pretty quickly.




The flowers are from Wplus9 and the tag, jar & sentiment are from PTI.



Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

21 comments:

  1. Awesome plane inlay! Very pretty flower card too! You are on a roll~

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great cards Jacquie. I love the airplane. Wish i was wishing Finland.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both gorgeous! Love that inlaid technique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you tucked the string under the plane. Great card! The flower card is gorgeous and the inlaid heart on the tag is so sweet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are awesome, Jacquie! How fun for your niece to get this card and travel to Finland. Your floral card is beautiful with the doily background and "inlaid" heart on the tag. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards Jacqui - I love anything with planes and the bouquet is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jacquie! Thanks for stopping by my site! Look at your beauties and the presentation! Wow! The inlays and CAS style are wonderful-- check out the current Make it Monday at Papertrey Ink (if you haven't). Challenge is inlays with dies....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoops!!! I just reread your heading-- guess you were combining efforts here with the MIM challenge! I was too taken by the visuals to pay attention to the text!! Long night teaching! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, both of these cards are wonderful! I especially love the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of your cards are Fabulous, Jacquie. Love the plane wishing Bon Voyage and of course, that jar of pretty pink flowers is the sweetest!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards, Jacquie! Your Case Study is so pretty! (It would have been another beauty in the MUSE challenge last week.) And your Bon Voyage card for your niece is so perfect, both for her and for the challenges!! I love how you've inlaid your dies! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. oooh-your jar of flowers is sooo pretty and I love your inlaid plane flying the banner. Fabulous cards Jacquie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are both fabulous. Love the CAS feel of the top card, and the sweetness of the 2nd.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love...love...both cards Jacquie! The 2nd card is so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jacquie these are both wonderful! I love the flowers in the jar and had to pin it so I can try it myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both cards are stunning Jacquie! The jar-card is a winner for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great cards Jacquie so simple and pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Absolutely amazing cards! I love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both cards are great! I love how simple and clean the first card is and the second one is SO sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks so cool. Great card. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So much loveliness! Love that literal take on the plane.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!