Saturday, October 5, 2013

CASE Study #160 + Wplus9 Monday Mood Board #21

I hope you were able to find some crafty time today on World Card Making Day. I managed to finish a couple of cards, but almost ran out of time to photograph them (the shorter days are catching me off guard).

This first card is inspired by Monday Mood Board #21 from Wplus9.






I used the Quilt Prints stamp set along with a sentiment from Fresh Cut Florals. An embossed base panel echos the stamped pattern.

This second card is for the CASE Study Challenge #160 where Elena Roussakis is the Muse for October with this inspiration photo for week one.



Can you tell I was inspired by the aqua & red, the banners, the dots & diagonal lines?



I stamped a banner with the PTI Banner Builder set and then die cut the sentiment using a combination of MFT word die (happy) and PTI Headline Alphabet dies (birthday). A couple of embossing folders echo the polka dots and diagonal lines in Elena's photo.




I didn't feel the card was finished, so added the enamel dots (which I love) and stickles on the sentiment (which I regret).

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


9 comments:

  1. Jacquie, I cannot tell you the number of times I added "just a little extra" and lived to regret it! LOL! I think your card is gorgeous in both versions. If you were to make it again, I agree, the enamel dots were the perfect finish. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the matching embossing folder with your stamping in your w9plus inspired card. The red and aqua colours are fab and so is the cake you've created on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic take, with or without the enamel

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are amazing cards, both with the the glitter or without it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh all of your cards are just amazing! I love the quilt stamp in the first one! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great take on Elena's card - love the diagonal lines!
    Thanks for studying with us on CASE Study this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both fabulous. I really love your CASE Study card. Such a fabulous combination of stamps and dies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your cake too!! Clever to cut below the happy to make the top of the cake. And the "happy" seems like candles on top ... fab design!!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!