Saturday, September 14, 2013

Tuesday Trigger: In Transition + CASE Study #157 + Seize the Birthday

Like many paper crafters this week, I saw similarities in the Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger: In Transition and the CASE Study #157 challenge card from muse Kathy Racoosin.







The vertical lines and color palette were bouncing around in my head and finally melded to create this card.



Yes, I know both inspirations have stick straight vertical lines in them, but my vision included using the  Ribbon Candy Border from Memory Box. This is a die that I bought because I saw it in a local store and Memory Box dies tend to go fast - it wasn't one I was looking for or familiar with and it has sat unused and unloved for too long. 




Technically, I used the leftover pieces from the die cut to create the lines of vertical streamers backing the sentiment banner. I worked in quadrants, picking the color and length of the top left pieces first and adhering them to a scrap of paper narrower than the banner. I repeated this for each of the other quadrants and, in a nod to the Tuesday Trigger, made sure the colors did not flow from top to bottom.




Since Anything Goes at Seize the Birthday this week, I am also linking my card up there. It is safe to say I did not go for the optional Topping to make a monochromatic card!




Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

24 comments:

  1. Wow, this is so funky! I love the pop of colour on the black.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jacquie, this is brilliant! What a happy celebration card. I love that Ribbon Candy Die~gonna have to look for that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card Jacquie, love this die. Great take on these challenges :) Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jacquie, I love it! Even though the lines are curly, they are PERFECT for both inspirations! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is PURE AWESOMENESS Jacquie!!! It really caught my eye at Case Study~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your curly curvy lines... great job Jacquie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your clever take on both challenges! Really pretty card Jacquie :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, this is amazing. Your card jumped out at me from the collection over at CASE Study! The colors and design pop! Thanks so much for joining us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, Jacquie. This is A Ma Zing - with a double dose of Zing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jacquie - your card is stunning - brilliant, in fact - I absolutely love it! Clever combination of both challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! I love this! I love the colors and design! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG ~ this is so fun! Great take on the challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow how creative...love the streamer look!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow how creative...love the streamer look!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How FUN are those squiggles? I love the transition of color from top to bottom! A fantastic take on the Trigger!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Jacquie! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW!WOW!WOW! This is amazing! Really stunning. You put so little embellishments but the card is just fabulous. The curled stripes are a perfect touch to the deep black background! You rocked it!!! Thank you for joining us at Seize the Birthday. Hugs, Macarena DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. OK, I love this one too! Actually, I just scrolled through your last couple pages and I'm totally blown away by your cards. You just keep getting better and better, Jacquie! Look out world, here she comes ...

    ReplyDelete
  20. I missed this card when you posted it and just saw it as the winner over at STB! My gosh, Jacquie, I would have predicted a win with this stunning, totally innovative beauty!! My hats off to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So very happy to see you as the winner at STB. And, darn you, now I am getting this die.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh this is totally fabulous!! Love the striking colors on that black. So chic!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!