Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Fusion #17 & Monday Mood Board #20 + CASE Study #156

Today I spent a little time putting together a couple of cards. This first one combines the current Fusion Photo Inspiration with the Wplus9 Monday Mood Board #20 (which is a little different this time around because it is a card from DT member Elise Durenberger).






I liked the 4 flair circles with sheet music backgrounds in the Fusion photo and combined them with the nautical feel of the Mood Board inspiration card. 




The Wplus9 Dockside stamps and dies are popped up in the openings created by the MFT Peek-a-boo Squared die.




This second card didn't quite turn out the way I was picturing it in my mind, but working with watercolors is not an exact art {sigh}. Kathy Racoosin is the September Muse at the CASE Study Challenge blog and this is the card we had to CASE.

Kathy is known as the Queen of Markers - I decided to work with Distress Markers instead of Copics and used a stencil to apply color to a watercolor paper panel.




A wet paintbrush was used to fill the white space with color, working with one color at a time to stop them blending into a murky mess. In hindsight, I wish I'd used a little less water on the flowers and might take a second attempt at this technique.




Following Kathy's lead, I created an embellishment cluster in the lower right corner.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


ETA A couple of comments referred to my 3 cards on this post and I realized I had not done a good job of identifying the Wplus9 Monday Mood Board #20 was actually the beautiful chevron nautical card made by Elise Durenberger. I really apologize for any confusion I caused!


13 comments:

  1. Three gorgeous cards! I'm trying not to be biased but I do love the bright water colour effect of your third card! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first card totally caught my eye on the fusion blog! It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both excellent cards. I love the WPlus9 one--I still need to get to that challenge. Love how you cut all those portholes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FABULOUS FUSION card Jacquie!! And I LOVE your watercolour creation too!!
    So glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION - hope to see you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. fab cards - the watercoloured card really caught my eye I LOVE the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous! Love your style!
    Thanks for playing with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Fusion card is PERFECT, Jacquie! I love it! Your watercolour card is ethereal, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh...a trio of amazing cards. I love how you showed of such amazing style! Thanks so much for playing along with us at FUSION!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a nice set of cards! Love the vibrant, but watery colors on your CASE study card! Both of your FUSION cards are so very nice!!! Hard to pick a favorite, but I have to say that second one is such an amazing match to our inspiration photo!!! So creative and perfectly executed! So happy to have you at FUSION!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. fabulous cards! and great take on the fusion challenge! wow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards.... I particularly like your take on the Fusion challenge. The dimension and layers are terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous, Jacquie! Congratulations on the HM honor over at Fusion!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hoist the SAILS and set your course for FABULOUS - THESE are some exquisite creations, Jacquie! I'm DELIGHTED to witness the STUNNING output you created with Dawn's OUTSTANDING images! Quite at home in your crafty hands, I'll say! I love the second card as well - DELICIOUS technique that is! Goodness, GRACIOUS! Thanks for making the Wplus9 stamps look even BETTER! I'm inspired, ONCE again! Yipeeee!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!