Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Thank You + CASE Study #154 Take Two + CAS(E) This Sketch! #42

Before I get to the cards for today, I just want to say a huge "thank you" for all the kind & supportive comments on yesterday's post here and over at Moxie Fab World - I get so much inspiration (and more than the occasional laugh) from all of you. Paper craft bloggers are simply the best!

I wanted to play around a little more with inlay die cuts, so have another card inspired by the August muse at CASE Study Challenge, Jennifer McGuire. You can check out the inspiration card and join in on the challenge here.



First I made a panel from 1/4" cardstock strips and die cut a fishtail flag from the lower right side. I then die cut the word "hello" out of the flag.




I repeated the same steps with a panel of Smoky Shadow cardstock.

The dark flag is inlaid into the negative space of the striped panel and then the striped word into the flag.




A second card was created with the leftover pieces. I did have the sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch #42 in mind as I created this card - you can find details of their challenge here.





I like that I end up with a flat, easy to mail card. Even though it is flat, there is a neat texture where the pieces are inlaid.



Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

8 comments:

  1. This technique is very cool- fab cards jacquie. ( it was lovely to read about you on the moxie fab post)

    ReplyDelete
  2. W.O.W.Z.A., Jacquie! And just to make sure you know I mean it, W.O.W.Z.A.!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my--this is fabulous. Definitely pin worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw you over at Moxie Fab and couldn't be more excited for you! YAY! Your last several posts have been full of awesomeness. Love all your creations, including these two. LOVE how you've pieced back in the die cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful technique, Jacquie! I love the different looks using the same dies. Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are awesome! Love the colours you used for the stripes and they're great takes on both challenges. Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of your cards are simply fabulous. I love the look you created with the paper strips, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh, boooy, I get the chance to come back and say WOWZA one more time! Congratulations on the HM from CTS, Jacquie!!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!