Tuesday, August 20, 2013

CASE Study #153 + CAS(E) this Sketch #41

When I saw muse Jennifer McGuire's card for this week I knew I had to find time to really play with my Wplus9 Fresh Cut Florals stamp set.




I started playing, then played some more, then looked up and saw the deadline to submit a card was in a couple of hours! Where did the last few days go?!




In the end, I paired my florals with the MFT Winter Wreath on a doily base. A PTI tag & stamp finish this one off.

This next card is for the CAS(E) this Sketch! #41. I channeled Design Team member Donna Mikasa, who often pairs kraft with bright colored cardstock (although she didn't on her sweet card for the current challenge).





I made a gatefold card with the leaf border (Simon Says Stamp Berkshire Leaf border) and sentiment flag (My Favorite Things LLD Accent It) linking to close.




I really love how this turned out and think the sentiment is a fun twist for a birthday card (although it could be used for a few other events too).

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

7 comments:

  1. Hi Jacquie!
    Both of these cards are wonderful!!!! I love how you used the leaves to decorate the gatefold! And the wreath is gorgeous - stunning color combo my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! Love your choice of colours and how the leaf follows the centre of the card fold.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful wreath and your gatefold card is amazing - love the pops of colour against the Kraft and the way it interlocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! Love the colors! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous take on the inspiration card. Love how you incorporated the doily...and the leafy closure is perfectly pretty on the second.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful use of kraft, Jacquie, and that gatefold is so FUN! Totally agree on the sentiment, what a nice change from HB. Love both cards!!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!