Tuesday, August 13, 2013

CASE Study #152 Take Two: Chevron Rainbow

I thought I was going to have a leisurely evening of crafting and then my dear husband called and suggested a BBQ at the beach. I am embarrassed to admit, last weekend when I went to pick up my daughter was my first time to "our" beach this summer. With school starting next week, I couldn't say no. A couple of cards are half done, but this one is finished and needs to get posted if I am going to make the CASE Study #152 deadline.

The challenge was to study this card from Jennifer McGuire.



Once again, I used scraps of cardstock to create a rainbow, this time using a chevron border die.




The colors are a bit off in this photo - the pinks & oranges are not that neon in real life.




The chevrons are adhered to the pinked edge of the kraft circle first and then the gangly, octopus like piece was adhered to the corner of the card base. The last step was to trim everything hanging over the edge of the card.

I masked the stamp to just use the "yay!" sentiment and left the inside of the card unfinished for now. 

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


8 comments:

  1. Super cute! The chevron stripes are a great idea!!! Thank you for joining us at the Case Study!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! I love the rainbow chevron stripes! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun card. I'd have gone to the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful take on Jennifer's inspiration piece! Love the masked sentiment! And a great card to have on hand for a variety of occasions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my. I love this chevron rainbow you made. So bright and cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun and cheery card, love how you have used those chevrons as rays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous!!! What a cool design! I'm horrible at caseing others cards into a design that makes any kind of sense lol

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!