Sunday, July 7, 2013

CASE Study #148 + Summer Card Camp Pre-Class Challenges

There is a new muse at the CASE Study Challenge for the month of July. I knew I would be participating this week as soon as I saw Jocelyn Olson's gorgeous card made with my favorite butterfly stamp set! (ETA: oops, I assumed Jocelyn had used a Hero Arts stamp set, but it has been pointed out to me that she used a digital stamp - definitely go and check out her original blog post because there is another wonderful little surprise I hadn't noticed on this card!)


I played around with a couple of ideas, one of which was to stamp and emboss a few butterflies on vellum. Well, it's been pretty hot in our neck of the woods and I forgot the ceiling fan was on in the office. My reflexes must still be good because I was able to minimize the mess when I realized the embossing powder was swirling over the paper and quickly decided I needed the fan on and could live without the embossing for today.




I randomly stamped several butterflies in the same mix of colors as Jocelyn's card, but filled in more of the white space. When my panel was done, I cut it into rectangles and adhered them to a bright aqua card base.




The Technique Tuesday sentiment matched the energy of the card and is popped up with foam adhesive.

Contrary to many of their friends, my kids have always hated summer camps and, except for swimming or tennis lessons, much prefer plenty of unscheduled time in the summer. The nice thing about this is they are rarely looking to go anywhere before mid-morning and I have time to create.

This summer I am going to take advantage of their slow start to the day and participate in the Summer Card Camp 2 from Online Card Classes - yes, I am going to summer camp!




The class doesn't officially start until tomorrow, but there is a couple of Pre-Class Challenges that I've combined to create this card. I embossed scraps of dark grey, white and coral cardstock with a Tim Holtz embossing folder and then selectively die cut circles to fit in the negative space die cut out of the aqua panel. A MFT sentiment flag, PTI stamp and Copic colored pearls finish the card off.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


9 comments:

  1. lol, your embossing/fan story had me laughing...love how you rolled with it! And I love the stamping and then cutting into smaller shapes...very cool effect :) Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your take on the 2 challenges rolled into, especially your very clever idea to die cut the circles!!! AWESOME card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card! Great job with the challenge! And enjoy your summer camp!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore your creation inspired by the CASE Study Muse Jocelyn Olson. Thanks for playing this week.

    Teneale Williams

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your fabulous butterfly card and the die cut embossed circles look really cool. We haven't started summer holidays yet - can't wait for those lazy mornings! Have fun on camp.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both of these. I just make a card for Case study, and I think I used the same butterfly set as you! I'm not a digital gal--not yet. How nice that you can go to card camp while your kids lounge around. Love your first assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards Jacquie! I love how you stamped and blocked the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jacquie love your cards! Your CASE Study is so unique. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are some awesome cards! Thanks for sharing some great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!