Monday, June 3, 2013

CASE Study + Make It Monday #119 + + CASual Friday + CAS(E) this Sketch Take Two

Father's Day is creeping up on us very quickly so decided to tackle a few challenges and make a couple of appropriate cards this morning.

After watching Dawn's Flagged Borders tutorial at Capture the Moment for this week's Make It Monday challenge I made this quick card.




The flags are cut with my Sketched Shapes dies - I know this isn't a whole border of banners, but I wanted to highlight the "#1".




Did you recognize the design? Yes, I am submitting a second card to CAS(E) this Sketch! this week.



My next card is possibly the cleanest & simplest card I have ever made. The Muse over at CASE Study is Maile Belles and this *perfect* card.



My card took a ridiculously long time to make as I played with different banners and sentiments, designer papers and layout, but I am really happy with the final version.




In the end I mixed things up, using a Papertrey Ink banner die with a WPlus9 sentiment, older Echo Park paper and Studio Calico wood veneers. My husband is a great dad to our two kids and that is what  I wanted to highlight.

Can I push the boundaries a bit to add this card to the CASual Fridays Challenge to create a congratulations card? 




I always think of these wood people as "homies". Many years ago we were waiting for my husband to arrive at a small airport in Canada. My son was just learning to read and thought it was very funny that the restroom was signed "Men/Hommes" which he read as "men" and "homies". 

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie



15 comments:

  1. great cards! love those wooden people and the simplicity of that card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jacquie and I really love this card - It's amazing how long it can take to be happy with the simplest design, but I think the paper you chose for the banner is perfect with it's pop of red!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both fantastic cards. I love the banners--makes it really look like an award. And, your second card--well sometimes they take the longest to figure out, but when you get it right, it looks so obvious that it looks like it was easy. We've all been there, and you definitely nailed this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved casing Maile too. Love the meaning behind your fab CAS card.
    The rosette on your MIM card really stands out - great design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I LOVE the dad card and the papers you used! The small banner card is so sweet, and I think it's a great card for many occasions! I love the people. Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by and leaving such a nice comment on my GI card!

    Now speaking of Defining Dad...both of these cards would have totally rocked Round #2! Seriously, I wish I would have had some 'ping' moments like these when I was making my card!

    I love the gorgeously CAS wee veneer family card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your medalion IDEA Jacqui...really great manly card and using the sketch..you color combo are good and the Photograph is totally lovely...you have a great camera I guess....Great card...love it..

    I am also joining the "Case this Sketch" challenge my card is number 92, would you mind to see it on my Blog and I would be so glad if you could leave me some love...many thanks before, hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards! Love the idea of banners to create an award ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are both CAS and gorgeous! Love the Dad card, nice work Jacquie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jacquie I love both of your cards, so fabulous! No. 1 Dad and the wooden people--so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cool "Dad" cards, Jacquie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so fun! Love how you used the banners to highlight the #1. And the wood veneers are charming on the card for your DH!

    ReplyDelete
  13. your first card is so bold and eye-catching and the second one so simple and fun! awesome work! thanks for joining in us this week at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both great cards! Your "homies" look great on your CAS card ... your husband will just love it I'm sure! Love your double sided paper on the banner too! Thanks for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the wood veneers! And great idea to have the banner different on both sides!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!