Saturday, June 29, 2013

CASE Study Challenge #147

This is the last week with Lisa Spangler as the Muse at the CASE Study Challenge. I know Lisa was concentrating on the triangle aspect of the card as she cased herself, but I decided to "study" the stencil & ink technique of her original card.




I used three Distress Inks (Peacock Feathers, Picked Raspberry and Mustard Seed) along with my brand new Funky Squares stencil.



My sponges are larger than the ones Lisa uses, so I didn't try to ink the squares individually. I love the way the colors work like primary colors to blend and give me bits of orange, purple and green on the panel.

This second card has first panel I made - I originally masked the stencil to create a long vertical piece, but didn't like the way a vertical sentiment looked so created the panel I used above.

It's funny how sometimes you can only see something one way, because this panel adhered to a horizontal card base left tons of room for a sentiment!




I had so much fun making these cards - I could have spent all morning playing with stencils & inks!

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

ETA: The Funky Squares Stencil is a Kite Stencil (looks like they are made by Judikins).

18 comments:

  1. Both are gorgeous! LOVE the brilliant colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really beautiful.I have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blending, it must've been fun watching those colors forming secondary colors! I love that mask you used too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just amazing. You are making me want a stencil now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ps...just wondered if you could tell me what stencils you are using. I love using them too and I am always on the lookout for new designs...
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks incredible Jacquie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. Jaccqui I love these cards- the colours are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. both of them are gorgeous! LOVE the mix of colours :) Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Love the vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow - that is very very cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your win! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your win....this is one amazing card. You truly have the gift of creativity. thank you so much for all your wonderful comments on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmm I thought I commented on this card when I saw it on the thumbnails. I guess not but what I wanted to say was "This is a winner!" And I was right. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love these Jacquie! The blending of the colors is beautiful! Great stencil too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stumbled upon this, and I LOVE it! Beautiful colors, and cool design. Thanks for sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!