Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Case Study #144 + Make It Monday #120: Overlapping Ombre

I struggled trying to come up with a card for this week's CASE Study. The Muse for June is Lisa Spangler and this is the card that is being cased.



I love the rainbow of soft color and the black outline of the feathers on Lisa's card. My mind went immediately to the coral stamp in my new Stampin' Up set By The Tide, but I knew it would only work with a single image and I didn't like my attempts at a rainbow watercolored background.




In the end, I colored a panel with three shades of blue and called it a day. I love the coral stamp, but didn't like it floating on the page (feathers, on the other hand, look fabulous floating), so added a sentiment banner to ground it.




This card took more time than it should have, but my second one made up for it coming together much faster.

I was determined to use my Sketched Shapes stamps this week and paired them with a sentiment from Stylish Sentiments: Birthday on this card for the Make It Monday #120: Overlapping Ombre challenge from Nichole at Capture the Moment.

I'll admit that I looked for a sentiment stamp that I thought would be relatively easy to line up for the overlapping technique and this one didn't disappoint me.




After a couple of practice runs I decided to go for it and stamped onto my panel - not perfect, but close enough for me.




Once I had my sentiment done, a random pattern was created with the three circle stamps from Sketched Shapes.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


12 comments:

  1. Jacquie these are wonderful! Love the soft blue in the first one. Your MIM card is perfect,and I love the orange,colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work, Jacquie. Your fan stamp was grounded perfectly! And I'm another that loves orange. The stamps and sentiment are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome monochromatic cards...they both look fantastic! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow--these are both amazing. That coral stamp is so cool, and I like how you used it with those blue color blocks. Your second card is so fun, and made my eyes go a little wonky when I studied it--which is a very cool feeling. I just love what you did with those circles. Prepare to be cased!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards! I love the blue with the kraft! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jacquie, these two are fabulous! Your tranquil blue (sea) background with the black coral onto Kraft is gorgeous ~ and your MIM oranges are so bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really think this card is great. I love the bright orange with the circles. This sentiment really works well with the ombré technique.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE those bold blue stripes of colour! So stunning! Thanks so much for playing with us over on CASE Study this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are both lovely! Love how you did your ombre card!!! And love the strips of blue inks in the first! I will have to remember that technique as it is striking! :)

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!