Thursday, May 9, 2013

Muse Challenge #16 + CASE Study #114 & Simon Says Wings

I have a couple of cards to share today. The first is for the Muse Challenge #16 where the Monday Muse is Laurie Willison and this card.


 IMG_8688


Teacher Thank You cards are high on the "to do" list right now, so Laurie's card was the perfect inspiration for me today. I really copied the basic design of the card and the main elements using a  library card stamp to create my sentiment panel and an inked wooden ruler piece (Maya Road) and ribbon from my stash.




This card ended up being very thick, but thankfully teacher cards are hand delivered!




My second card for today is based on this one from Maile Belles, the current Muse at the CASE Study Challenge.


I started with a kraft base, but it wasn't working for me so quickly moved to Soft Stone card stock. The Memory Box flourishes and Tim Holtz/Sizzix flowers are cut from the reverse sides of Authentique patterned paper.




A Paptertrey Ink tag & sentiment finishes off the card. 




I might be pushing it a bit, but since one of my favorite things about the embossing folder I used is the little birds, I am going to link this up to the Simon Says . . . Things With Wings challenge at Simon Says Stamp.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


12 comments:

  1. Both cards are stunning! Your teacher card is so cute and that sympathy card is so elegant.. perfection! :) Thanks for playing along in our "Things With Wings" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacquie, your cards are works of art to be treasured for generations! Your sweet old-fashioned girl image on the library card, the real wood piece of ruler, the texture on that ribbon for the MUSE card are all extraordinary! And your case card? Talk about texture! With those buttons, this is like a well-loved favorite summer linen jacket! I'm awe-struck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your vintage take on this week's Muse - thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are just stunning. I love all the little touches on your teacher card, especially that fun ribbon and the little girl reading a book. Your Case study is just beautiful--perfect case of a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, Jacqui, you have created two wonderful cards. The thank you card has such fab embellishments~it's so perfect for a teacher. And the sympathy card is beautifully done~it has a very comforting feel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhh! I love how both of these turned out! I love those little rulers, and the - the embossing texture on your second card really takes it to the next level! great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Jacquie, love both cards. the teacher one is a feast for the eyes;) So many neat details to muse over! The sympathy card is wonderful as well. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your Muse card. That background paper is great....well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your teachers card. Great take on the muse and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love both cards! What a lovely way to CASE Maile! THanks for playing with us over on CASE Study :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Love those handmade paper flowers! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards! Love the flowers! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!