Monday, May 6, 2013

Back to Challenges

It has been a busy start to May, and we are very thankful the weather held long enough for us to get the lamb roasted for our Greek Easter celebration yesterday. Today the wet and cold weather continued, and I was happy to retreat to the office for a couple of hours of play time.

When I saw the Fusion Challenge this week I was really hoping to find time to make a card using this bird cage charm I picked up a while ago. I am commited to stop hoarding supplies like this, but it isn't easy.



I took the colors & bird cage from the inpiration photo and used the sketch to make this card.




Technically this is an anniversary sentiment from My Favorite Things, but I think the card could be used for a number of events.

This graduation card is for the MFT weekly sketch challenge and uses their number dies and a couple of sentiments from the a la mode Grad Girl along with Graphic 45 paper.




You can play along with MFTWSC122 at the MFT Forum at Splitcoaststampers. 

This final card was a bit of a challenge for me. The Case Study Muse for May is Maile Belles - a Queen of CAS design and this is the card we were challenged to "study" this week.



In the end I went with a brighter color palette and combined a couple of die cuts to create a focal point.




I wanted my sentiment to overlap the die cut as Maile had and was pleased to actually pull it off a teeny, tiny bit - I will definitely try this again in a bigger way!




This card is also being linked to Simon Says Stamp where the challenge this week is to make "Happy Mail".

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie




8 comments:

  1. Three brilliant cards today. Rain in the spring in San Diego--it's like a little bit of vacation from the sun, and isn't it fun to huddle inside and make crafty things?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Jacquie :-) all of them are fabulous, WOW ! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards! I love how you were inspired by both of the Fusion elements. That little bird cage is so perfect! Thank you so much for joining our Fusion challenge this week. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All nice, but love the giant numbers in the second card and of course you used G45, so it's my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, love all your cards..thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome cards, love how you were inspired by the Fusion Card Challenge! Thanks for playing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous FUSION card Jacquie - love your birdcage!
    So glad you joined in the experimenting @ FUSION - hope to see you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. a lineup of gorgeous cards! LOVE the blossom you chose for Maile's inspiration :) Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study :)

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!