Monday, April 29, 2013

CASE Study + My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge + MFW Watercolor + Simon Says

I'm venturing out with a new (to me) challenge today. As I travel around the blogsphere, the CASE Study Challenge has caught my eye a few times and the timing was finally right to play along. There is a monthly Muse to provide weekly inspiration.

This is the card from JJ Bolton for Case Study #138 for the current challenge.




I was inspired by a number of things: the clouds, sun and the sentiment.



The embossed sunshine image is watercolored and the sentiment split between a few die cut clouds. I felt the need for something to finish it off, so added the row of threaded buttons.

This card is also being entered in the Moxie Fab World The Wonder of Watercolor Challenge.

This second card is for the My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club at Splitcoaststampers. Sadly, they have discontinued the monthly Guest Designer Contest, but still offer a great random draw weekly prize for the sketch challenge. Details can be found on the MFT Forum.




I picked up this paper (Urban Traveler from Simple Stories) planning to use it for a mini-album for my daughter and somehow it ended up on this card.

Since Simon Says ... Anything Goes over at Simon Says Stamp this week, I am linking up there as well.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

8 comments:

  1. Both of your cards today are fantastic. The first one is so bright and colorful--I love your special water color effects and how you split the sentiment amongst those clouds. And, your second card--perfect for male or female, and I just love that quote. Check Simon Says Stamp and Share--I am pretty sure they have a travel challenge that this card would be perfect for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Jacquie :-) both of them are fabulous ! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first one. I have the EF and must get it out and play!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both wonderful cards...love your color choices and the beautiful sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards, love that row of buttons on the first! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards - love the vibrant colours in the first card and your use of pp in the MFT card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Case Study card is spectacular, Jacquie! Congratulations on winning the Top Three honor for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Jacquie! Thanks for linking this up to the Wonder of Watercolor Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!